I am tired of commercial media that comments on the news instead of reporting the news. And I’m tired of the people who believe that commentary as truth. AND I am tired of these lemmings having the right to vote for someone who affects ME!
If you cannot give me ONE good reason why your flipping the lever for your candidate, other then spewing some rote memorized data that a taking head has told you, or defend ONE position your candidate stands for, or telling me exactly and TRUTHFULLY and HONESTLY and IN YOUR OWN WORDS how this person is going to make this country a better place….you don’t get to vote.
You can vote for your local mayor, counsel person, school board or any one who has no presence or sway on the national stage and can ultimately effect ME!
It is common knowledge that if you want to drive you need to take a test to get a license. Why? Because your driving effects me. If you don’t know how to drive you can get into an accident and kill someone. Well the same thing goes for ignorant voters….your lack of knowledge can kill someone. Voting through ignorance and because some idiot talking head has told you to has lead us to a tea party, two wars, oil spills, poison groundwater, the near end of any social safety net, in fact the near end of any social conscience at all. I’m tired.
Consider Gore, Al. For a guy who was never president, he’s incredibly well known for a great many things. Which one will rise to the top and be his final 1-line epitaph? Some possibilities include:
– 1/2 of the fiery young Clinton-Gore presidential team for 8 years who drove the “Reinventing Government” initiative to cut waste and red tape in Washington, DC
– Inventing the Internet (and making us capitalize “Internet”)
– “Inventing” the Global Warming issue (or the GW myth if you’re skeptical), and winning the Nobel Prize for it
– Losing his home state of Tenessee (with 11 Electoral votes) in a presidential election he lost by 5 Electoral votes
– The icky, creepy on-stage, on-air erotic kisser of Tipper “Parental Advisory record labels” Gore
– Hanging chads and the most controversial election result in generations
– Co-founder of “Current TV” network (with Joel Hyatt)
…Or will Mr. Gore just be best remembered for being a hilarious “head-in-a-jar” (a preachy, boring one at that) on the animated TV show Futurama?
So, will Albert Arnold Gore, Jr. best be remembered for something “positive” or something “negative?”
There’s a saying from an Australian philanthropist, lifesaver and pubbuilder known as Sheepshagger John which may help you predict the answer, “You know, a man can do a thousand great things, but if you “shag” one lousy sheep…”– (5) (7)
If TV this month is any indication then I’d say that clearly:
1. We all need new car insurance (and haven’t decided on who to buy it from)
2. We’re all potential voters that are “undecided” at the moment
Really? That many of us haven’t decided?
My theory is that advertising agencies and their “inside” men and women are doing a phenomenal job – a phenomenal job of convincing their clients that we the people haven’t decided yet and that another 100 or so viewing “impressions” (industry term) of that “reptile” each week will make the difference (Geico’s The Martin Agency does a good job too).
They’re slinging what the industry calls FUD (fear, uncertainty and doubt) at their own clients and it’s working.
So people, brace yourselves for lots and lots more Flo, Gecko, the deep-voice actor guy, the guy that played Brenda’s boss on The Closer, Aaron “Discount Double Check” Rodgers and, oh yeah, Barack and Mitt because the agency guys are gooooood.
On the bright side at least I get to see more of Ronald using karaoke to get his “profile” out there and save money on online dating (it is so popular btw that they released an extended version on YouTube for Ronald’s fans)